Android phones to access paid apps

Android mobile phone users will be interested to hear that, in addition to the wide array of free apps that are available for download to their Android handsets, the introduction of more commercial apps - that is, apps that you will have to pay for - are on the way and will be available to purchase sometime in the first quarter in 2009.


Of course, the exemption of commercial apps has been the principle reason why the apps archive for Android has been comparatively sparse - at least in comparision to that on offer for the Apple iPhone.


According to the Venture Beat website, just as with the App Store, developers of paid applications in the Android Market will get to keep 70 percent of their revenue. But while Apple takes the other 30 percent from the App Store, Google isn't seeing a penny of the revenue. Instead, the rest of it goes to the carriers and settlement fees.


Click to read the Venture Beat story

Top Articles

MobileChoice Reviews
Written by Mobile Choice
Mobile Choice

Leave a Comment