HTC launches tiny touchscreen smartphone
6/5/2007 12:00:00 AM
6/5/2007 12:00:00 AM
The HTC Touch is a compact Windows-mobile powered smartphone which is designed to be operated by sweeping your finger across the screen.
The handset can also be operated with a stylus, however, HTC claims, the smartphone can distinguish between finger and stylus input and respond accordingly.
The Touch is the first device to feature TouchFLO, and underlying touchscreen technology created by HTC. The user interface menu options can be accessed by swiping your finger left or right across the page, or you can scroll through content by stroking your finger up and down the screen.
The touch is powered by Windows Mobile 6 Professional, which includes Outlook Mobile, Office Mobile, Internet Explorer and full email functionality.
The handset also features a 2 megapixel camera, a large 2.8 inch colour screen and a comes with a 1GB micro SD card.
The phone, which will sell for 449 Euros unsubsidised, will be available in the UK from Orange and T-Mobile. The launch of the Touch will also be the first time that the operators have launched an HTC product with HTC branding. Orange has traditionally re-branded HTC's phones as SPV, while T-Mobile has re-branded the handsets as MDA.
We are currently reviewing the HTC Touch, so expert our online verdict very soon.
· Dimensions: 99.9mm (L) x 58mm (W) x 13.9mm (T)
· Weight: 112g with battery
· 1GB microSD storage card included / 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM
· 2.8'' LCD touch screen with backlight, 240 x 320 dots resolution with 65,536 colours
· Battery Life: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 1100 mAh
· Standby time: Up to 200 / Talk time: Up to 5 hours
· Camera: 2.0 mega-pixel CMOS colour camera
· Windows Mobile 6 Professional with Direct Push Email and HTML email support
· Wireless Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800,1900, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.0
Choice of two colours at launch - elegant soft black or alluring wasabi green.
Cloud SIM lets you use five mobile numbers on one handset!
Huawei Mate 9.
Virgin Media launches IMO phones starting at just £29.99
Please write code to prove you're human